Thursday, May 19, 2016

Photography Post 20

Photography Post 20

I absolutely adore morning photography! There is nothing more gripping than exploring the earth on a brisk spring morning with a camera in hand! I'm sure all you fellow planet explorers agree!

I went on a little scavenger hunt, searching for all kinds of things: overflowing anthills, trickling sunlight, whispering water. There were so many beautiful sights at White River that I could hardly take photos fast enough! 










I love watching the way light falls, and capturing all of the minuscule details of flower petals and leaf veins. Playing with depth of field is one of my absolute favorite parts of photography!

It was super challenging to take really exemplary pictures within a thirty minute time limit: I could have easily spent half the day just wandering around the woods, snapping pictures until my SD card complained! However, out of the pictures I managed to get, I have several gems. I tried working with a larger depth of field, which is rather challenging for someone who finds details MUCH easier than the big picture. But those turned out rather successful, if I do say so myself.




  Doing more and more nature photoshoots is giving me a great outlet for my love of the outdoors and the peace I find in being outside. I hope my pictures really show that intermingling of tranquility and adventure that live within every breath of fresh air, every ray of sunlight, and every murmur of the leaves.

--Kelsey



No comments:

Post a Comment