Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Photography Post 18

Photography Post 18

Let's talk about food! 





Food, like women, is something lovable in nearly every shape and size. So, why would I ask a man or woman to model for me when I could ask a pineapple or a cupcake? This was an excellent exercise in setting up the scene for photography, and photographing something that's a little harder to put voice into. I got to arrange candy, fruit, veggies, popcorn... and my stomach got to watch hopefully.

I focused on the texture of water droplets, of the smoothness of hard candy, on the contrast of dark and light, and the way light highlighted all of the unbelievably beautiful aspects of food, glorious food. 

It was hard to really capture scenes I liked, mostly because it was such an unfamiliar task. I felt like everybody else was doing a much better job, but in the end my photos turned out pretty well. It was really fun collaging all of the food together and trying to turn identical subject matter into unique pictures. Plus, it really helped accentuate my love affair with food!

--Kelsey   

No comments:

Post a Comment