Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Photography Post 17

Photography Post 17


For my panoramas, I took pictures at a Women's Rights rally as well as throughout the small downtown area of the town I grew up in. Both are super significant to me for multiple reasons:
 I love the town I grew up in.
It made me who I am.
Without all of the days I've spent wandering around town, I'm 100% sure I wouldn't be quite as in love with nature or just as creative as I tend to be.
I am very liberal about social equality (I'd call myself libertarian, but nobody really cares about them)
 I happen to be... a lady *gasp

I did both a tiny world and an actual handmade panorama for my town. The handmade portion required a LOT of cropping, so I was glad I tried to avoid a lot of distractions when I was taking the actual picture.


 I wouldn't say that this project helped me see my world differently. Honestly, I think by doing this project, I think it helps the world see me better. I put all of my voice and my ideas into this project and I think that really shows.


The hardest part of the project was probably either working photoshop well enough to be able to get a correct-looking panorama, or actually manually taping the panorama together. My strength was absolutely my voice and how it is so clearly communicated through these two different things I'm passionate about.

--Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment