Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pursuing Equality

Pursuing Equality

I sit here, trying to figure out how to start. I never get the chance to get heated over politics and other nasty things while my fingers hover over the awaiting keyboard. Let's start with this:




 I went to the recent Indiana Women's Rights Rally over the weekend. And, to say the least, it was incredible. Thousands of people, come together to support a cause? That's the kind of love and harmony our world lacks oftentimes.






People are people. That's how I see it. I don't care what gender you identify as, what color your skin is, how many thumbs you have-- You're a person and you deserve the same opportunity to pursue life, liberty, and happiness.

I think everyone deserves to have choices.

If we live in a country where there are options, then they should be open to everyone. Just because one person doesn't agree doesn't mean it should be taken away from everybody. A person should not try to forcibly impose their beliefs on someone else and expect them to live to their standards-- you wouldn't like that if someone else did it to you.


 When the government steps in and interferes with what women can and can't do, they're insulting women's intelligence and ability to decide for themselves. 

When the government steps in and interferes with what women can and can't do, they're taking away women's bodily autonomy-- making it so corpses get more bodily autonomy than women.

When the government steps in and interferes with what women can and can't do, they're creating more and more unwanted children, impoverished lifestyles, unsafe pregnancies, and they're pushing their religious agenda on a country that ought to be beyond a government preaching while it works.

If our country is so great, then why isn't it nationally accepted that everybody can make decisions for their bodies, their homes, and their lifestyles?

It's a strange world we're living in, my friend. 

And that's just my opinion.
(I'm sure you can find plenty more)


--Kelsey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment