Monday, April 4, 2016

Curiosity


Curiosity

Everyone seems to love artists. They always want to get to know them, and feel their vibes, and understand where their creativity flows from, how they process it, what they create with it. Being an art student, as I feel too young to call myself an artist of any sort, I feel that a lot. There's a lot of pressure on me to be good at what I do because, after all, it's the only thing I can do.
 
The problem is, I get curious. I love different mediums, and having a wide selection of tools to display my voice with. Paint, charcoal, graphite, clay, crayon, oils. Even used soda cans.
 
So why not attempt wood-burning as well?
 
My first attempts were rather strange--like me--because I had to get used to the weird hand positions, the funky smell, the quick reaction time. Wood-burning is quite a strange beast, my friends.
 


 
of course my second attempt was a portrait of myself--what kind of artist isn't conceited?!)
 
But anyways, the moral of the story is try new things. Even if they're strange, its good to learn if you suck at stuff or if it's gonna be something you really enjoy. Like most artists, I have found plenty of things to suck at.. Just as I have found plenty of things that I completely and utterly adore!
 
--Kelsey




No comments:

Post a Comment