Thursday, February 25, 2016

Photography Post 14

Photography Post 14


Eloquent sunlight.

That was my focus for this photoshoot.

Ever since I was a little kid, I have absolutely loved peculiar little things that most people pay no mind to. I could spend all morning watching the rising sun out on my grandmother's back porch. Summer break was absolutely sacred, for if I got there early enough, I could spend hours watching the sunlight dance across the screen and through the garden. It would shimmer and twist and captivate every corner of my imagination.So, to me, that's what childhood feels like. Sunlight.








I spent several beautiful hours taking pictures on my grandma's porch, as well as in the field behind her house. And, at the end of the days, I attempted to capture the sunlight's departure as it touched each dusty shelf at my own house.


There were so many leading lines, and objects to focus on in each picture. The sunlight really grasped every corner of each photo, and it made my job as the photographer much easier.

This photoshoot really captivated the child within me. I love being engaged in the world around me, and so I needed no excuse to admire every single speck of dust that the sun sparkled through. This photoshoot was my absolute favorite so far, because I really got to dive into what I love. I wouldn't change anything about this shoot. Despite the cold weather, there were several absolutely gorgeous sunny days in which I got to stop being a person, and just start being another part of nature-- and that's what this art really ought to do.







--Kelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment