Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Dip, A Dive, A Controversy

A Dip, A Dive, A Controversy

2016 has been a strange year so far, friends. So let's talk about art, and make it a little less strange... or maybe a little more strange, depending on your view of it!

Let's start with some controversy.
 Of all the things in the world to make a public statement about in a public high school... why not make a statement about violence in schools? I am absolutely horrified by the constant flow of violence-- not in one school, per say, but in all of them as a whole. School is supposed to be a safe place. But students can be teased, harassed, beaten, and shot. In a safe place.
 
And a lot of them don't even see it coming.

  "Agony"


In lighter news, I decided that Bob Ross, being the coolest human to ever have lived, deserved some art in his style and in his honor. So, for the first time in my life, I completely and utterly made something up. No reference pictures. No ideas. Just paint, some brushed and knives, and a closed door.

  
I also painted some adorable woodland creatures. Honestly, when I paint watercolor, its usually a pleasant little surprise when it comes out alright... Let's just say I'm no watercolor enthusiast.



In other news, I've begun a tempera abstract self-portrait... Hopefully it'll live up to the expectations that the sketch created!! 



 




 And, last but not least, ceramics! Seeing as I am no 3D artist, don't judge me too harshly... Just enjoy Goldplum, the orange little fishy that lives in my chalice! Have a great Thursday everybody!

--Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment