Photography Post 12
Well, happy new year guys... Though I'm still not too sure about that "happy" part.
Regardless, we did a super awesome project in photography class about parodying famous photographers. My pick was Annie Leibovitz. You know, the photographer of John Lennon. Caitlyn Jenner. Les Mis. Demi Moore. Adele. Johnny Depp. If you're famous, she's probably taken a picture of you.
So, in order to mimic this photography goddess, I took portraits of two very lovely ladies. I set up scenes in my room, outside, at a friend's house: all over. I hung up sheets, I dragged around chairs, I did all sorts of that jazz!
Sometimes I did rule of thirds, and other times I didn't. Some pictures just looked more creative and edgy when they were centered. I absolutely LOVED playing with lighting. I've been caught (on multiple occasions) shining flashlights in my models eyes... to their despair.
Leibovitz's gorgeous Adele photo
my parody image
I really wanted to portray the femininity and edginess of Leibovitz's women. She creates such powerful images, so that's what I was attempting to create. I think my biggest strength was playing with lighting and shadows. I struggled to consistently take excellent images... Out of 300 photos, I liked maybe 30 of them. Portraits are one of
my favorite forms of photography, so I can't wait to practice more with this!
Regardless, we did a super awesome project in photography class about parodying famous photographers. My pick was Annie Leibovitz. You know, the photographer of John Lennon. Caitlyn Jenner. Les Mis. Demi Moore. Adele. Johnny Depp. If you're famous, she's probably taken a picture of you.
So, in order to mimic this photography goddess, I took portraits of two very lovely ladies. I set up scenes in my room, outside, at a friend's house: all over. I hung up sheets, I dragged around chairs, I did all sorts of that jazz!
Sometimes I did rule of thirds, and other times I didn't. Some pictures just looked more creative and edgy when they were centered. I absolutely LOVED playing with lighting. I've been caught (on multiple occasions) shining flashlights in my models eyes... to their despair.
Leibovitz's gorgeous Adele photo
my parody image
I really wanted to portray the femininity and edginess of Leibovitz's women. She creates such powerful images, so that's what I was attempting to create. I think my biggest strength was playing with lighting and shadows. I struggled to consistently take excellent images... Out of 300 photos, I liked maybe 30 of them. Portraits are one of
my favorite forms of photography, so I can't wait to practice more with this!
--Kelsey


No comments:
Post a Comment