So this week, my focus was lighting. I got to experiment with the ISO settings on my camera (which only goes from 80-400) unfortunately. I found out, through a significant amount of trial an error, that 200 is probably the best setting for sunshiney pictures and well-lit indoor pictures.
I got to enjoy a photography class photoshoots for the past two weeks, as well as adventuring outside with my friends. Dusk is one of my favorite times for photography, since it creates grainy, grunge-inspired photos.. For example:
I absolutely adore these two photos!!
I also got to experiment with some really detailed sunshiney photography—with the help of my little brother, of course! I liked capturing the texture in his stuffed animals and figuring out some neat rule of thirdsy things. Yay composition techniques!
I even managed to sneak a couple photos of my brother himself! What a cute little introvert.
I really loved capturing photos of people during this photoshoots. I feel like each photo really SAYS something about each person. And the lighting emphasizes that.
Beauty.
Loneliness.
Adventure.
Pain.
Whatever the emotion is, I love to capture it. I think that's one of my strengths...
People. Drawing them, taking pictures of them, capturing them. People are what makes things interesting!
--Kelsey




I really enjoy your picture of the silhouette in the late sunset. I think the picture would've been more effective if the person was smaller compared to the sunset because it has a mood of being overwhelmed by beauty and having the beauty be the majority of the frame would help tell the story
ReplyDelete