Friday, October 30, 2015

Photography Post 9

Photography Post 9
Alright, let's talk a little bit about shutter speed! This fall has been absolutely, positively lovely and there's nothing better than waking up early and taking pictures in the soft, green-yellow glow of a forest. The hardest part? Finding people who want to wake up and come with you!

I photographed several friends of mine tossing leaves in the air (you know, to get into the fall-y spirit). I went to Potter's Bridge, as well as several interesting empty buildings to capture all of our youthful shenanigans. Some scenes were staged: others were just kinda in the moment. That's the best way to live, my friends.

I used a lot of Rule of Thirds so I could show off the artsy fartsy leafy backgrounds that Mother Nature gifted me this fall break. I also really enjoyed the strange angles I could take pictures at while adventuring indoors. At one point, a lovely lady of mine found a rolly polly olly desk chair that she was rather excited to spin in-- 





--and that's how that photograph turned out. 

I used a lot of people in my images, in order to voice the amazing, free feeling that inspired all of us over fall break. There were no responsibilities or college worries or schoolwork to do. There was just the spirit of adventure!

I definitely think the hardest part was learning how to pan. Panning is probably my least favorite thing I've done this year: simply because blur and freeze motion were much, much easier.



Hope you have a lovely adventure this fall!

--Kelsey


1 comment:

  1. I especially like the picture with the leaves in the air!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete