Voice.
That's been a rather important word in my life lately.
Artist's voice.
Author's voice.
What voices are heard throughout the community? And how?
How do artists make their voice heard?
Voice has been a popular topic in my own life as of late. I have referenced it more often in college applications than I have referenced even the colleges themselves! Creating a voice—with words, with paint, with pixels—that's what sets me apart from everyone else. That's what makes me me. That's what makes me heard.
And that's important.
Scanography has been a neat, though rather recent, addition to my photography skills. To rearrange objects and create art with something as mundane as a photo scanner...
That impresses me on a whole new level. I tried to incorporate items of beauty, though I don't suppose anyone would call my images "beautiful". There's a uniquely dark appeal to them that only a photo scanner could capture, and I am absolutely in love with the effect!
As well as new ways to take photos, I've worked on new ways to edit them. I'm learning the basics for double exposure in Photoshop, and I'd like to think this photo of a charming boy I know turned out pretty swell for my first try! It says a lot without saying anything at all.
Have an artsy week, ladies and gents!
--Kelsey





No comments:
Post a Comment