Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Terrible Blogger

A Terrible Blogger

I know, I know, I've been bad at keeping up with this. I swear I've been keeping up with my overflowing artsy fartsy ideas-- I've just been super duper bad at sharing them. In fact, I've tried all kinds of new things: ceramics, watercolor techniques, acrylic portraits, figure drawings. Its been absolutely wild, my friends.


I've tried to do some fast charcoal portraits, so this was the first of several 20 minute sketches. I'm struggling to develop my voice as an artist.. I really want to understand how my voice affects what I'm really trying to say. Sometimes I wonder if I even have a style!
 

 Because fall is the absolutely best season (as my boyfriend can probably tell you seeing as I frequently rant to him about it), I got into the Halloween spirit with some watercolor gourds. What better way is there to celebrate the holiest time of the year? October, that is.


And a little #tbt with this flower drawing I did over the summer. Who needs friends when you can just draw on yourself with sharpies? No better reason to exist, right?

In other news, I had three pieces entered in the community art show this month! Two were entered by teachers, and one I personally entered in the first annual show hosted by the ladies of NICE. Here's the quote I picked and the image I created:


“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."
- Atticus Finch, Harper Lee's
To Kill A Mockingbird

I did a pen sketch of the beauteous Gregory Peck on canvas, and got to go up and share it in front of all of the other amazingly talented artists there! It was terrifying being the youngest and least experienced person there, but they welcomed me with open arms. I suppose that sometimes, just sometimes, things work out really well.

--Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment