Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Photography Post 8

Photography Post 8

Alright, so this week, my central focus was depth of field.








I went to the Central State Hospital over the weekend, which provided me some really unique photography opportunities. Honestly, most of my photos were already set up, they just required my time and patience to adjust the focal length to my taste. 

I used rule of thirds in most of my pictures (because a shallow depth of field generally sets itself up like that) and I often had focal points. I loved finding weird textures and splashes of color in strange places!

 Though cheerful, bright pictures are fun to look at, I find myself much more drawn to dreary, texture-filled shots. I enjoy photos that focus on certain objects because it gives me, as the viewer, more to dwell on and think about. It's all about the mystery, y'know?

And that's exactly why my greatest strength is a shallow depth of field and my greatest weakness is a large depth of field. I have a hard time taking full shots of places and things. I like to focus on singular objects, and a large depth of field doesn't allow for that. Full pictures are just too boring! I'd much rather focus on the little things, I suppose.

--Kelsey



No comments:

Post a Comment