Alright guys, time to do a little catching up!
Surprisingly, though life has decided to rattle things about, I've made a lot more time for art recently! And not only art-- I rediscovered my love for writing (which hasn't been kindled since eighth grade). To be honest, I've been feeling a lot more whole now that my soul has time to cram all these ideas onto paper!

All I used was black watercolor and a black watercolor pencil, and oddly enough I really enjoyed contouring the face. It came out super smooth and silky!
And TADA! My crooked smile and mess of curls have been captured!
THEN came some real fun! Since a close work friend of mine was moving away, I decided it was about time for me to make a little sketch of her and her positively adorable son.
But by then, I wasn't quite ready to tuck away my charcoal. So out flowed a very lovely girl who may or may not exist.. I guess we'll never know!
Surprisingly, though life has decided to rattle things about, I've made a lot more time for art recently! And not only art-- I rediscovered my love for writing (which hasn't been kindled since eighth grade). To be honest, I've been feeling a lot more whole now that my soul has time to cram all these ideas onto paper!

Let's start off with another little self-portrait-- though my last one was pleasantly abstract, I began to long for one that could show off my knack for winged eyeliner.
All I used was black watercolor and a black watercolor pencil, and oddly enough I really enjoyed contouring the face. It came out super smooth and silky!
THEN came some real fun! Since a close work friend of mine was moving away, I decided it was about time for me to make a little sketch of her and her positively adorable son.
And, in about an hour (and with the help of some very smudgy charcoal) I'd completed the adorable duo just in time to give them to her before my shift!
But by then, I wasn't quite ready to tuck away my charcoal. So out flowed a very lovely girl who may or may not exist.. I guess we'll never know!
So what do you think?
Have I gone face-crazy yet? I must say, I think faces are the best way for an artist to communicate--no matter who or what they belong to.
--Kelsey







No comments:
Post a Comment