All night, I felt the deep, soulful urge to create something. So, finally, I hauled my sorry butt out of bed and decided to drag out some water colors and mess around.
I haven't drawn a self-portrait since the beginning of my Junior year (which honestly wasn't very long ago) but, since I spend a lot of time getting to know aspiring artists, it seemed only natural that I should play around with my abilities as well.
All of my life seems to have revolved around image:
How should I see myself?
How do others see me?
Am I pretty? To them? To me?
Society sure has a great way of shoving low-self-esteem down youngsters' throats.
Recently, I've come upon a stockpile of confidence. One could merely say I grew tired of being as weak as society expects young adults to be.
I'm proud of who I've become, no matter how other people view me.
Remember, gentleman: Treat your lady like the masterpiece she is! (Even if she's a little abstract like me).
--Kelsey



No comments:
Post a Comment