Thursday, January 8, 2015

Rick Grimes


Rick Grimes


If you don't know who Rick Grimes is, I'm afraid you need to leave because this isn't the blog for you. Kidding.. Kinda...

Alright, so Rick Grimes is the protagonist in the graphic novel series and AMC series, The Walking Dead. The tv show has become so popular that it's hard to NOT hear about it.


I actually did this drawing quite a while back, but since it's such a classic, I figured I might as well force other people to see how I did it. 

I first learned how to draw human faces through the "grid" technique because I absolutely cannot stand having wonky proportions. Some people can rock that style.. But whenever my proportions are off, it makes everything look reminiscent of a toddler's handiwork.  

 

This was the drawing that actually began my love for faces and their natural blemishes. It's amaxing to me that everyone has some small, defining feature about them that makes them physically different from anyone else! We're all the same in our uniqueness, I suppose.


Here's my Rick-pic (taken with the aid of a cellular device and troublesome lighting)

  

And here's the other Rick-pic (taken with the aid of a legitimate camera)

I hope 2015 is treating you well and you aren't TOO cold, lovelies!!

--Kelsey 




No comments:

Post a Comment