Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Whole New Year

A Whole New Year


Happy New Year guys! I know I'm a couple days late, but it's better late than never, right? (...Right?) 

Anyway, I hope everybody spent a wonderful last night of 2014 with their loved ones so they could be all mushy and gushy and lovey dovey and all that fun stuff.

I spent some time with my family and some very artsy time with a close friend. She and I decided to spend the last few hours of the year being kinda artsy. 




First we looked up some gorgeous Van Gogh paintings for inspiration (because Van Gogh 
is the Holy Grail for these situations). 

It's true that a lot of people like face paint, right? So, we decided, why not do some body painting? 


I painted her first (and of course I chose the most stereotypical and insanely popular 
Van Gogh painting)



It came out like a little caricature of the real thing, so I thought it was pretty swell!

Then it was her turn. 



    

Isn't she just so talented?? I never wanted to shower again for fear of ruining a true masterpiece! 


   
  
Here's a little glance at our Instagram-worthy picture (because I'm sure it's very enthralling to view our backs at entirely new angles). 
  
Overall, it was a messy and wholesome and highly successful endeavor, so I think we've found a great new way to celebrate the great new year!

Much love for you and 2015!



--Kelsey 


No comments:

Post a Comment