Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Kissing 50's


The Kissing 50's


Long time no see! 

So, about two months ago, I was scrolling through Instagram (like the average American teenager) and I found this adorable comic-book-style couple. It made my heart melt so I saved the picture for the perfect idea.

Then it came.

I wanted to do a watercolor dot painting.

It had to be done.



So, I began with a rough outline in pencil. It only took five or six minutes to do the sketch (his hand was probably the biggest struggle because hands are my kryptonite). 



I think I painted on the carpet more than the paper ... Totally worth it.


I left out her hand simply because it kinda creeps me out. Her talons just weren't appealing enough for me to paint them.




Once I'd finished the main picture, I procrastinated for an extraordinary amount of time before finally dotting in the classic red background.



What a classy classic couple! And there you have it, ladies and gents. 

(And of course I had to take an Insta-worthy pic to appease the Instagram gods)


--Kelsey 





No comments:

Post a Comment