Alright, so I'm officially on Week Three of my art education journey here at Purdue, so it's about time to share what I've been up to!
I haven't done too many crazy epic pieces, though I've been pretty proud of some of my observational drawings from my Basic Drawing class. Since it's only the beginning of the semester, we've focused on gestures and contours:
(I happen to be a huge fan of blind contour portraits, so that was one assignment I absolutely adored)
I've been trying to challenge myself to draw things I wouldn't normally be drawn toward (pun intended) in order to challenge myself as an artist, and the results have been pretty successful so far!
My first (and favorite) gesture from BD 113
I've also had time for little doodles in my dorm room:
And I've had to suffer through my AD 105 Design class, in which I rearrange shapes for 3 hours in order to create aesthetically pleasing results.... *sigh*
Despite the challenges of my classwork, I've had enough time to work on little things in my free time as well!
Because I love making greeting cards, that's still a main passion of mine (especially since the people I love are all so far away!) There's nothing quite like the feeling of opening a letter, especially when there's a homemade little card waiting to be read inside!!
And last but not least, I finally made myself sit outside and paint my favorite courtyard. That was an activity I'd been aching to do, so it felt good to finally see it through!
I'm really loving it here at Purdue, and I can't wait to make even more art! That IS what I came for, after all.
Have a great evening, fellow planet explorers!
--Kelsey
Looks like you are enjoying your time up at Purdue. It will be fun to follow you on this blog.
ReplyDelete