As the title suggests, I've spent over a week here as a Purdue University student. That being said, I obviously don't know everything. But here's a list of the things I do know!
Things I've Learned From A Week At College
1. When you run out of socks, it means you need to do laundry
2. People that like the same music as you are probably awesome. Probably.
3. Accept weirdness. Embrace it.
4. I am a homebody. I love calling home and catching up with those closest to me
5. People will want to talk to you if you ask them engaging questions, such as "What's your favorite smell?" or "What kind of dinosaurs do you like?"
6. Basic Drawing 113 teaches people how to scribble and it's fantastic.
7. Always bring an umbrella
8. When you don't want to bring an umbrella, don't dress in things that won't look good wet
9. Underground tunnels are actually the best invention ever
10. About 15% of Purdue is always under construction, and though I appreciate the metaphor, it can be a mild inconvenience when running late to class
11. Finding my dorm after a long day of being lost is one of the biggest triumphs imaginable.
12. Zebra Cakes are a great way to bond
13. A great way to practice self control is through not eating all of the cheddar biscuits at dinner
14. Playing dodgeball with strangers is both terrifying and exhilarating
15. College is a place to learn what you want to learn, so that way you can do what you want to do. That's important to remember.
16. It's easier to say "I'm excited to see you" than "I miss you"
17. If you follow GoogleMaps directions for 30 minutes, and wind up in an empty field 10 minutes from campus, then you probably dropped the GoogleMap pin in the wrong location. Sorry, bud.
18. Don't look at the hair in the sink.
19. Don't think about the hair in the sink.
20. It's okay to need support from the people closest to you. You don't have to be okay 24/7 when you're adjusting to a new place
21. Blowing your nose over Skype calls may possibly frighten the person on the other end
22. Letters are one of the most magical things in the world
23. Profs that wear awesome socks and constantly lift their pant-legs to show you are profs worthy of your admiration
24. When you tell an engineer that you're not at Purdue to be an engineer, it may possibly startle him or her. Continue with caution
25. Trying new things and leaving your comfort zone is a wonderful idea
26. That being said, swing dancing is also a wonderful idea
27. When in doubt, smile and don't act like a freshman
28. If you don't stretch first, going up and down four flights of stairs is a bad idea
29. People that want your time, whether 2 minutes away or 200 minutes away, will put aside time for you. New friends, old friends, family, anyone. And that's love.
30. I made a great choice.
--Kelsey

You are BRILLIANT.
ReplyDeleteYou are BRILLIANT.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Exquisitely. Perfect.
ReplyDelete