Let's just say I've been keeping busy this summer.
Despite establishing myself as a very very soon-to-be college student (more mentally than anything else), I haven't accomplished many substantial art-related things. Between working as a camp counselor and attempting to be a social butterfly (note: I said "attempting" for a reason), I haven't really thought too much about art.
Instead, I've tried to document all of my thoughts and little doodles into my journal.. Which is important enough for a post of its own, sometime or another.
In the meantime, here are the few watercolors I've done so far this summer... both of which were birthed from the inspiration I get from the world around me.. In this case, graffiti and freedom.
I kinda surprised myself on this one, to be completely honest. America.
This piece, based on one of my beloved park trails, focuses on all of the rather interesting graffiti you can find on pretty much any park swing. The middle quote stuck with me from my last visit to Potter's Bridge, and I decided to make a painting out of my planet-exploring.
I've also decided to get into colored pencil sketches--why not? I love portraits, and I love a challenge, so here's the cute little boy I decided to begin with!
I know I've been a bad little blogger lately, ignoring the poor thing for well over a month, but I'll try harder next time... Maybe.
--Kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment