Christmas time.
Christmas is a challenging time for me, seeing as I love everybody so much, but I don't have the money to back-up my love. Alas, what a world we live in.
So, instead, to share the love, I've been spreading my creativity. Christmas gifts have been a challenge this year, because I really feel the need to leave an impact on those around me, seeing as I may not be around as much this time next year (a terrifying thought that I'd rather not face quite yet).
I've been toying with my acrylic sets a lot lately, because watercolor has been particularly challenging. So I attempted a new style--a rather cartoon-y style--with my acrylics on canvas, and I must say-
I actually really like the results. What swell little creatures I have birthed!!
As well as cute cartoon animals, I also have been asked by several people for particular paintings. So far, the only particular painting I've even attempted was "The Little Blue Boy" with the head of a chipmunk... I was rather astonished with the results, to be honest! Who knew a chipmunk could be so... charming?
As for the other paintings, I don't even know where to begin. As an avid dog-lover, my significant sir hinted at several dog breeds he'd absolutely adore in paint. And another close friend vividly described an entire scene for me to paint, which, though flattering, sounds terrifyingly detailed.
And I hate to disappoint.
As for my photography, I've been working on double exposures (though none of them have turned out quite as well as my first).
It's quite a challenging world we live in, my friends.
Oh well, at least the holidays are fast approaching!
--Kelsey




No comments:
Post a Comment