Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Photography Post 3

Photography Post 3

Alright, so in photography today, we watched a video about this guy who has the ability to imitate the style of artists. Not the artwork. The style. Here's the lovely link if you'd care to click it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S2HgibGbb0

Personally, I think this man is absolutely amazing. To be able to imitate the style of another artist is hard enough, let alone imitating the style of any artist! Despite forging the works of other artists (something very, very much illegal), I still think he's a rad dude. He gets himself so deeply immersed into the art, and I feel that. Art is more than its materials: it's about the feelings associated with it, and that's exactly what this guy is all about. Rock on, dude!

Someone gifted like this definitely ought to share their gift with the world. However, I'm sure that he could make plenty of money without conning people: he himself claimed that his talent is worth more than the money he makes from it. People with amazing talents like this are generally looked at by society as role models. He, however, like many other talented individuals, is not exactly the kind of person society thinks we should emulate. So he's swell as an artist, but I'm not too sure I'd care to be him.

If I could have any talent at all... Gosh, this is a hard one. If I could have any gift, I'd want to invoke happiness in others. There are too many sad, dull moments in the world and I wish everyone could see just how magical the small things are. 

Wow, that sounds cheesey. 

But, it's pretty darn true. It's the simplest things that make me happy, at least. 

--Kelsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment