Sunday, September 25, 2016

15 Things College Has Taught Me About Myself

During my time at Purdue, I've come to notice some things about myself that I haven't always noticed before. Though I'd like to think I'm a rather quirky individual, I've come to terms with all-new quirks!


16 Things College Has Taught Me About Myself:

1. I hate wearing shower shoes.
2. I have my mother's sense of direction (a.k.a. I get lost very easily)
3. I love alone time, even though I tend to be rather talkative and extroverted when I'm around other people
4. When my TA is polishing a ball of dirt named Kevin, the best way to respond to the situation is by asking for a selfie with Kevin
5. I will go out of my way to pet dogs
6. I love smiling at all of the people I pass, even if they don't smile back
7. Not everything has to be insanely deep or important: sometimes the best memories are made by bingewatching a tv show or dancing to good music
8. I love art prints, and the best way to convince myself to buy more art prints is by telling myself that I'll hang them in my future classroom



9. I have very firm beliefs when it comes to relationships
10. I am very stubborn (I already knew this one though)
11. I have a habit of taking people's advice as a challenge. Sometimes I mistake caring sentiments as people thinking I can't accomplish things on my own, and then my stubborn self tries to prove them wrong
12. I love keeping busy, so long as I still get a good 8 hours of sleep
13. I can push myself a lot farther than I ever thought possible when it comes to just about everything
14. With the right mindset and a big breakfast, I can do just about anything
15. I enjoy talking about dad-outfits with people my age (Hawaiian shirts for the win)
16. Being quirky is just about one of the best things you can be (especially as an art-teacher-in-training)

In other news, here are some artsy fartsy things I've been up to in my free time!






 detail pics
















some thank you cards to my aunts



Despite the obstacles I've faced, particularly in my design class, I'm really enjoying the challenge of these courses, and I can't wait to challenge my artistic and educational abilities even further!
--Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey! You are a divine individual. I love seeing you grow through these college experiences. You are the ideal student- open minded, determined, and talented!!! Purdue is lucky to have you. Life is a constant learning situation and with your attitude, you will always succeed! You must be an outgoing introvert too, I learned that about myself recently! I also need daily alone time to recharge. Can't wait for you to visit my school in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey! You are a divine individual. I love seeing you grow through these college experiences. You are the ideal student- open minded, determined, and talented!!! Purdue is lucky to have you. Life is a constant learning situation and with your attitude, you will always succeed! You must be an outgoing introvert too, I learned that about myself recently! I also need daily alone time to recharge. Can't wait for you to visit my school in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete